How Canadians Can Get More Paid Online Surveys

As a Canadian doing paid canadian surveys, I find that I do not get as many invites as some of my American counterparts. To get more surveys I did a few things and found that the number of survey invites increased dramatically.

I have touched on this before but I will go a little more in depth with it. Smokers get survey that non-smokers do not get. Now, quite obviously, this is because the tobacco companies already know what non-smokers think about their product! :)

This is just my personal opinion and I have no proof to back it up, but I think tobacco companies use paid online surveys as a form of marketing to try to get consumers to switch to their brand. At the very least, I think they are trying to get their brand in front of potential customers.

If you are going to "become" a smoker, you will at least have to have basic knowledge of different brand names and package sizes. Other than that, these surveys are usually just looking for basic information/opinions about new brands/styles and packaging.

These smoker surveys usually pay pretty good averaging to be worth $6 to $8 each, but I have had one for $15. Remember, the tobacco industry is a multi-billion dollar a year business and they do not have any qualms about spending, what would be considered pennies to them, on advertising.

As a side note, I have found that Opinion Outpost works with many tobacco companies and sends me at least 3 surveys each week about tobacco/cigarettes. From the other Canadian survey companies I get at least one of these tobacco surveys every week.

One other thing you can do is to lowball your income earned on your profile. I am not saying to be dishonest, but if you going to exaggerate your income, do it on the low end. If you tell them that you make $100K a year, then they are not going to send you very many surveys. These companies are after the opinions of "the average Canadian citizen".

An interesting piece of information. Average income 2008 was $31k for a single Canadian with no dependents after tax.

Hope this helps my fellow Canadians make a few extra dollars taking paid online surveys. Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment